2012-03-31

Weird populace - Rio Homem


Shifting to fauna and getting close to some of those that populate and give life to a natural spot, I leave the first series of photos taken on the same day. Gerês is very rich, indeed.


  Bocage’s Wall Lizard / Lagartixa de Bocage - Podarcis bocagei

 
 Ant / Formiga - Camponotus lateralis (might be Crematogaster scutellaris but by their behavior, I guess the first one). 

Well… the next one is a bee / abelha! Which species, I don’t know and the photo hasn’t enough detail to accurately identify it. But it was sunset and the colors where truly intense on this lavender. Out of DOF where yellow lirium (from a nearby residential garden).
 
Bee on lavander


North shoreline of River Homem
Terras de Bouro, Portugal
2011, June

P.S.: I am not and do not pretend to personate a biologist. I’m just curious about the weird beings I photograph and attempt the exercise of identifying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment