2017-05-26

One hell of a bad day

A sudden thunderstorm and heavy rain poured upon the Northern region of Portugal. My dog spotted something moving on the ground and barked a couple times to get my attention to it. What he found was a young sparrow, completely soaked and wet and absolutely frightened by thunder. Apparently, it had chosen a bad day to come out of its nest and learn to fly. I just caught it, left it on the nearest tree and took a couple of pictures. I also noticed its parents clinging nearby, thus I felt that the rest of this story would be up to Nature’s own path. When I walked away, its parents returned, numerous times, with food and insisting that it flew away with them. It took a while for him to become active, but the young sparrow did manage to dry its feathers and fly away. And you were having a bad day, huh?

House sparrow; juvenil de pardal-comum - Passer domesticus L.
Vieira do Minho, Portugal
2017, May

No comments:

Post a Comment